TutuApp is unquestionably the most popular Cydia alternative, providing a source management solution for all users. Included in the app are several packages that can be downloaded directly to the iPhone or iPad and users also get to manage the packages already on their devices, updating them as and when required. It is an open-source installer, works on any device on iOS 7 or higher and is free to download and use.
What’s the catch?
There isn’t one. What you do need to realize is that, although it is an alternative to Cydia, it is not a replacement. It also cannot replace Substrate and that means the tweaks available on the installer will be limited because many rely on substrate to work. TutuApp has several packages built-in that do not require this to work though, and those packages contain a large number of apps and games, all for free.
Download TutuApp :
Once a Cydia-only app, the developers opted to bring their installer out of the jailbreak store and make it available for all to use. It is pretty simple to download, you just need to install the configuration profile onto your device and the steps to follow can be found here:
- Tap on the large download button above
- An information page opens, find and tap on the Install link – this will allow the profile to download to your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Install Profile in your Settings app when it opens automatically
- Type in your passcode and Safari browser opens
- Tap the Install link on the page and confirm by tapping Install on the popup window
- Wait; Settings opens once more and then you can tap on Install > Next > Done as each new page opens
- Look on your home screen; you should see the new app icon. If you don’t, you will need to do these steps again.
As time passes and fewer updated to Cydia are released, more alternatives are released. TutuApp is definitely one of the more comprehensive and, while it will never actually replace the jailbreak store, it does offer a decent choice of content for any user.
Give it a go and if you run into any issues while downloading it, drop us a line in the comments box; we’ll do what we can to provide the answer for you. In the meantime, follow us on Facebook and we’ll send you all the latest tips and tricks.