Great news! A brand-new iOS 12 jailbreak has been released. It’s called Chimera, and it comes to us from the Electra jailbreak team, bringing support for all iOS devices, including the later A12 iPhones and iPads, unlike previous jailbreaks which didn’t offer that support. Read on for all the details.
Let’s get started
How to Install Chimera Jailbreak:
Chimera jailbreak can be installed in two ways, both easy enough to do. Before you start, make sure you have no iOS 12 OTA files on your device; otherwise, you will end up in a boot loop:
Method 1: Configuration Profile
- Download Emus4U onto your device
- Open it and search for Chimera
- Tap on it and tap Install
- Go to your iPhone home screen and launch the jailbreak app to begin the jailbreak process.
- Tap the Jailbreak option and wait for it to detect your device and apply the jailbreak.
- When it’s done, the jailbreak is ready to use along with Sileo
- If you face errors like this ( FileSystem could not be Remounted ), delete any OTA update you might have on your device and do airplane mode. This should help.
- After your device is jailbroken, some apps or games might not work as they detect your device is jailbroken. To fix this, download a Jailbreak Detection Bypass app.
Method 2: Chimera IPA File Installation
This is a common way of installing jailbreaks these days, and you will need a tool called Cydia Impactor.
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Download the Chimera IPA file
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device
- When it has been detected, drag and drop the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple ID/Password and click OK on the Expired Certificate warning message
- Wait; when Cydia Impactor has finished, the jailbreak is on your home screen
- Open Settings > General > Profiles, find and tap the app name and tap Trust
- The jailbreak is ready to use. Tap on the Sileo app icon on your screen
Wait, there’s more
Chimera jailbreak is packed with features, including:
- Support for all iOS devices, right up to the latest
- CoreTrust bypass – much faster, much safer
- Includes Sileo for package installation and management
- ChimeraTV jailbreak for Apple TV on tvOS 12 – tvOS 12.1.2
- Very stable and user-friendly
- Easy to install
- Includes all your favorite tweaks, packages, mods and more
It is a semi-untethered jailbreak which means, whenever your device is rebooted, you must rejailbreak it. There is also a dedicated Reddit thread with all Chimera Jailbreak related questions and answers.
How to Install Cydia after Chimera Jailbreak:
The package manager on Chimera jailbreak is Sileo, not Cydia. For those that prefer to use Cydia, we’re going to tell you how to install it on the jailbreak. It isn’t difficult but you do need to follow these steps exactly as they are written:
- First, open Sileo on your device and tap on the Sources option
- Tap on Edit > Add and type in this source – https://diatr.us/chicydia/
- Tap Add and wait for the source to be added before refreshing your Sources – open sources and pull down on the page
- From this source, install a package called Cydia for Chimera/Electra – be aware that this removes the package called Cydia Compatibility
- Next, close down Sileo and tap the Cydia icon to open it
- A popup message will appear, warning you about packages that are only partly installed – you can disregard this
- Open Sources and tap on Edit > Add and type this source in – https://repo.chimera.sh
- Tap on Add and refresh your sources once again
- Now find Sileo and tap to uninstall it – it can be reinstalled at any time through this new source. A quick warning – DO NOT install Cydia Compatibility Package from the new Chimera repo. You can remove it by removing the Chimera repo if you want but do NOT upgrade.
Cydia is now installed but, to get it working as it should be, we need to add two more sources and a couple of tweaks.
- Go back into Cydia and tap Sources
- Tap Edit > Add and add the following two repos – https://repo.pixelomer.comand http://rpetri.ch/repo/
- Next, install two tweaks, one called Cydia Universal and the other called PreferenceLoader
That will ensure that Cydia runs smoothly in the Chimera jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad.
We’re not done yet.
How to Delete Jailbreak:
Should you need to, deleting the jailbreak appstore installed using Chimera ( i.e. Sileo or Cydia ), it is very easy to do. Check out the link below for more details:
Alternative Jailbreak Apps:
There is another utility called Unc0ver that you could try but, although it offers the same kind of features, it will not work on the A12 devices. Click the link for more details.
- Uncover Jailbreak ( Download Tutorial )
Go ahead and try Chimera jailbreak today, tell us what you think of it. If you have Unc0ver jailbreak on your device, you can overwrite it with this one.
Follow us on our Facebook page for more jailbreak updates.