Great news! A brand-new iOS 12 jailbreak has been released. It’s called Chimera, and it comes to us from the Electra jailbreak team, bringing support for all iOS devices, including the later A12 iPhones and iPads, unlike previous jailbreaks which didn’t offer that support. Read on for all the details.
Let’s get started
How to Install Chimera Jailbreak:
Chimera jailbreak can be installed in two ways, both easy enough to do. Before you start, make sure you have no iOS 12 OTA files on your device; otherwise, you will end up in a boot loop:
Method 1: Configuration Profile
To do this, you need a third-party installer called Emus4U or TweakBox, that also offers a whole load of other apps and games too; here’s how to get it:
- Download Emus4U onto your device
- Open it and search for Chimera
- Tap on it and tap Install
- Go to your iPhone home screen and launch the jailbreak app to begin the jailbreak process.
- Tap the Jailbreak option and wait for it to detect your device and apply the jailbreak.
- When it’s done, the jailbreak is ready to use along with Sileo
- If you face errors like this ( FileSystem could not be Remounted ), delete any OTA update you might have on your device and do airplane mode. This should help.
- After your device is jailbroken, some apps or games might not work as they detect your device is jailbroken. To fix this, download a Jailbreak Detection Bypass app.
Method 2: IPA File Installation
This is a common way of installing jailbreaks these days, and you will need a tool called Cydia Impactor.
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Download the Chimera IPA file
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device
- When it has been detected, drag and drop the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple ID/Password and click OK on the Expired Certificate warning message
- Wait; when Cydia Impactor has finished, the jailbreak is on your home screen
- Open Settings > General > Profiles, find and tap the app name and tap Trust
- The jailbreak is ready to use. Tap on the Cydia or Sileo app icon on your screen
Wait, there’s more
Chimera jailbreak is packed with features, including:
- Support for all iOS devices, right up to the latest
- CoreTrust bypass – much faster, much safer
- Includes Sileo for package installation and management
- ChimeraTV jailbreak for Apple TV on tvOS 12 – tvOS 12.1.2
- Very stable and user-friendly
- Easy to install
- Includes all your favorite tweaks, packages, mods and more
It is a semi-untethered jailbreak which means, whenever your device is rebooted, you must rejailbreak it.
We’re not done yet
How to Delete Chimera Jailbreak:
Should you need to, deleting Chimera jailbreak is very easy to do. Check out the link below for more details:
Chimera Jailbreak Alternative:
There is another utility called Unc0ver that you could try but, although it offers the same kind of features, it will not work on the A12 devices. Click the link for more details.
- Uncover Jailbreak ( Download Tutorial )
Go ahead and try Chimera jailbreak today, tell us what you think of it. If you have Unc0ver jailbreak on your device, you can overwrite it with this one.
Follow us on our Facebook page for more jailbreak updates.