Unc0ver jailbreak app is the most advanced jailbreak released for iPhone and iPad.
The following are the link to download the Unc0ver jailbreak app.
Things to Know:
Be aware that it is a semi-untethered jailbreak tool, hence if you restart your device, you will have to re-jailbreak it. The installation process also requires you to use your Apple ID.
How to Install Unc0ver Jailbreak:
Note: If some apps or games don’t work after jailbreaking, then you might have to install an anti-jailbreak detection app on your phone.
How to Install Unc0ver using AltStore:
- Download the Altstore app on your iPhone using the linked tutorial.
- Now download the Unc0ver IPA File from the link above and install it using AltStore app
- Unc0ver Jailbreak should be installed on your homescreen. Tap to launch and jailbreak your iPhone.
How to Install Unc0ver using Cydia Impactor:
Download the latest version of Unc0ver jailbreak IPA from the download button below. Source: Pwn20wnd’s ( GitHub ) page.
Before you start, back up the data on your device using iTunes and ensure that you have sufficient battery to complete the jailbreak.
- Download Unc0ver jailbreak IPA onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- Make sure it is detected; find the Uncover IPA File and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and password and leave Cydia Impactor to its work; the Unc0ver file will be signed and loaded onto your device
- Once the process has finished, open your iOS Settings and go to General > Profiles
- Find the app profile or that with your Apple ID and tap on it
- Tap Trust and check it changes to Delete
- Disable Siri and enable Airplane mode on your device
- Reboot and check that Airplane mode is still enabled and that Wi-Fi has been disabled
- Tap the Uncover icon on your homepage to continue the jailbreak process
- Tap Jailbreak and wait; your device will respring during the process
- When it reboots for the last time, and you see Cydia on your home screen, the jailbreak has been successful
- Tap Cydia to start using it for all your jailbreak tweaks and apps.
- If the Cydia icon is not there, reboot, tap the Uncover icon and try again. Repeat until it is successful; it may take a couple of tries to work. Once successful, re-enable Siri and disable Airplane mode.
How to Install Unc0ver using 3UTools:
- On your Windows computer, download 3uTools from the link above.
- Open it and, if required, install any missing iTunes drivers
- Use the USB lightning cable to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- If asked, Trust the computer on your device
- From the app menu, click on Flash & JB
- Next, click the Jailbreak tab and choose iOS 11.4 – iOS 12.4 from the options
- Click on the Jailbreak button and wait; Unc0ver will be installed.
- Before you use it, open your iOS settings app
- Tap General > Profiles & Device Management and find the app profile
- Trust it and close Settings – Unc0ver jailbreak is ready for use.
Alternative Jailbreak Apps:
Here is a couple of jailbreaking options for those who want to try a different jailbreak app.
- Checkra1n Jailbreak ( for iOS 13 )
Checkra1n is a Mac Only app for jailbreaking iOS 13 devices. You can download Checkra1n from the linked page below.
- Chimera Jailbreak ( for iOS 12 )
There is a new iOS 12 Jailbreak for iPhone and iPad. It is called Chimera, and it’s developed by none other than CoolStar who also created the much famous Electra jailbreak. Chimera directly installs Sileo AppStore when you jailbreak your device.
How to Delete Uncover Jailbreak:
If you ever need to delete the Unc0ver jailbreak app from your device, then it is very easy to do. Check out the link below for details:
Are you going to give Unc0ver jailbreak a go? Let us know what you think and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news and updates.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
Unc0ver Jailbreak is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iOS devices that allows you to install unofficial tweaks and apps that are not allowed by Apple.
- Is Unc0ver Jailbreak Safe?
Jailbreaking with Unc0ver is safe. It has been a reliable jailbreak for many years and is backed up with the expertise of over a dozen iOS developers who have fine-tuned it for optimal performance.
- Is Unc0ver Jailbreak Untethered?
Uncover is a semi-untethered jailbreak, whenever you reboot your device. Uncover jailbreak will need to be reactivated. To do that, just tap the Unc0ver icon and let the jailbreak reactivate. If you used a regular free Apple ID to sideload Uncover onto your device, the jailbreak expires after one week. You will need to reinstall it using Cydia Impactor.
- Can you jailbreak without a computer?
Yes, you can use the Unc0ver app to jailbreak your device without using a computer.
- Is jailbreaking permanent?
No, jailbreaking is not permanent. If you update your device, the jailbreak is removed from your device.
- Should I jailbreak my device?
Yes, the best reason to jailbreak your device is to get thousands of apps and tweaks, which are unavailable in the Apple appstore.
- Does Jailbreaking void the warranty?
Yes, according to the Terms of Service of Apple, jailbreaking a device voids the device warranty. However, the good part is, a jailbreak is not permanent. You can reset your device, and the previous jailbreak will be undetectable. Then you can carry your device to the Apple store for repairs.