Great news for the jailbreak community, another jailbreak tool has been released, this time by Pwn20wned ( twitter ), formerly part of the Electra jailbreak team. Unc0ver jailbreak tool for iOS 11 to iOS 12.1.2 is said to be the most advanced yet, and we are going to show you how to download it on your iPhone or iPad today.
Unc0ver Compatibility and Support:
Unc0ver jailbreak supports iOS jailbreak on these devices:
- iPad Mini
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
Be aware that it is a semi-untethered jailbreak tool and requires you to use your Apple ID.
Download Unc0ver Jailbreak:
Note: If some apps or games don’t work after jailbreaking, then you might have to install an anti-jailbreak detection app on your phone.
How to Install Unc0ver Jailbreak IPA:
Download the latest version of Unc0ver jailbreak IPA from the download button below. Source: Pwn20wnd’s ( GitHub ) page.
Before you start, back the data up on your device using iTunes and ensure that you have sufficient battery to complete the jailbreak.
- Download Unc0ver jailbreak IPA onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- Make sure it is detected; find the Uncover IPA file and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and password and leave Cydia Impactor to its work; the Unc0ver file will be signed and loaded onto your device
- Once the process has finished, open your iOS Settings and go to General > Profiles
- Find the app profile or that with your Apple ID and tap on it
- Tap Trust and check it changes to Delete
- Disable Siri and enable Airplane mode on your device
- Reboot and check that Airplane mode is still enabled and that Wi-Fi has been disabled
- Tap the Uncover icon on your homepage to continue the jailbreak process
- Tap Jailbreak and wait; your device will respring during the process
- When it reboots for the last time, and you see Cydia on your home screen, the jailbreak has been successful
- Tap Cydia to start using it for all your jailbreak tweaks and apps.
- If the Cydia icon is not there, reboot, tap the Uncover icon and try again. Repeat until it is successful; it may take a couple of tries to work. Once successful, re-enable Siri and disable Airplane mode.
Because Uncover is a semi-untethered jailbreak, whenever you reboot your device Uncover jailbreak will need to be reactivated. To do that, just tap the Unc0ver icon and let the jailbreak reactivate. If you used a regular free Apple ID to sideload Uncover onto your device, the jailbreak expires after one week. You will need to reinstall it using Cydia Impactor.
Uncover Jailbreak Alternative:
There is a new native iOS 12 jailbreak for iPhone and iPad. It is called Chimera, and it’s developed by none other than CoolStar who also created the much famous Electra jailbreak. Chimera directly installs Sileo AppStore while you jailbreak your device.
How to Delete Uncover Jailbreak:
If you ever need to delete the Unc0ver jailbreak app from your device, then it is very easy to do. Check out the link below for details:
Are you going to give Unc0ver jailbreak a go? Let us know what you think and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news and updates.