Are you looking for something a bit different on your iPhone or iPad? What about making your older device look like it’s on iOS 7? It’s easy enough to do, you just need a theme called iOS 7 Theme. By the way, this theme is completely free to download.
What’s the catch?
There is a small one – you do need to have Cydia on your device. iOS 7 Theme is a WinterBoard theme and these are only useable when you jailbreak. If you haven’t got Cydia on your device and you want to try iOS 7 Theme, check out our list of available jailbreaks.
Let’s dig in
How to Download iOS 7 Theme:
Developed by AR7, iOS 7 Theme really is a very simple tweak – all it does is changes your iOS 6 icons to the new, more vibrant looking icons from iOS 7.
Here’s how you get it.
- Open Cydia on your iPhone or iPad
- The first thing we need to do is add a new repository for MacCiti to Cydia – tap Manage>Sources>Edit>Add
- Now type the URL into the box exactly as it appears – http://cydia.zodttd.com
- Tap on Add Source and wait.
- When the installation has finished you can search for iOS 7 Theme in Cydia; tap Install
- Respring your iPhone or iPad and open WinterBoard (if you don’t have it, download it from Cydia)
- Tap on Select Themes
- Tap iOS 7
- Exit Winterboard and your device will respring once more
Check out the icons on your home screen, they should be the iOS 7 icons. Vide instructions below.
Simple as that.
At the moment, there are no jailbreak-free options to get this feature but Cydia does provide you with a whole heap of other great tweaks and modifications too. It’s easy enough to install and it’s free so check out what’s on offer; follow the installation guides provided and start tweaking your device.
Your turn now
Download iOS 7 Theme and tell us what you think of the cool new designs on your device. Follow us on Facebook and we’ll send you more useful tips.
*Found a broken link? Help us by reporting it in comments below.