Are you still searching for the best way to port Siri onto an older device? Then look no further because we have the answer – SiriPort. A tried and tested method, SiriPort will help you to get Siri onto any iOS device older than the iPhone 4S.
And you know what?
It’s simple, so simple to do.
Is there a catch?
Just one – your iPhone must be jailbroken because SiriPort is a Cydia tweak. Head to our Cydia page to find the jailbreak tool for your device and iOS version and then come back here.
Let’s do this
- Open Cydia on your iPhone
- Tap on Edit>Add
- Type the following URL into the box – repo.siriport.ru
- Tap Add Source and wait; Cydia will add the source
- Respring and open Cydia
- Search for SiriPort
- Tap to install – this may take a while as it is quite a large tweak
- When it has finished, your iPhone will reboot
- Go to your computer web browser and type siriport.ru/1.crt. When the website opens, download a file called 1.cert
- Email the file to yourself
- On your iPhone, open the email and download the attachment
- Tap Install>Done on the installation page
- Reboot your iPhone and long-press your Home button – you should now have Siri
- Say “Hi Siri” to test it
It sounds simple
And it is
If for some reason, Siri does not activate, repeat steps 13 and 14 again – keep doing this until it works.
It may not work for all users but it has worked for the vast majority.
Try SiriPort for yourself; don’t forget to let us know if it worked or not. If it did, great; you now have the popular talking iOS assistant on your older device.
Follow us on Facebook for more tips like this.
*Found a broken link? Help us by reporting it in comments below.