Do you use the Find My iPhone feature? It is useful because if your iPhone over gets lost or stolen it can help you find it again. It’s only in the last couple of years that Apple has made improvements to it though, adding in a great new feature called Send Last Location.
Why do you need this?
If your iPhone is lost or stolen and the battery runs out, it shuts down. Not only can you not track it and find it, but you also can’t find out the last known location. For many, that made the feature useless. Not any more.
So, what’s the story?
Apple made several improvements to Find My iPhone; first, they made it so that the feature was automatically activated when a user set up their device and, second, they added the option to “Send Last Location”. Now, if your iPhone disappears, you can track it up to the point where the battery dies.
That makes it much easier for you to locate it
Let’s dive in
How to Enable Send Last Location:
- Open iOS Settings
- Find and tap the iCloud option
- Find and tap on Find my iPhone
- Tap to enable Send Last Location
It’s really that simple!
You can see the last location of your iPhone in two ways:
- Using the Find My iPhone app from the app store
- Using the Find My iPhone web app from icloud.com
Things to Know:
- Make sure that Find my iPhone is fully activated on your device, it may be the only way to find it!
- Make sure you follow the steps above to enable Send Last Location
- In case your iPhone is stolen, the feature may not be all that useful; make sure Activation Lock is enabled on your device. This will keep your device in Lock mode, making it harder to access.
What do you think?
Have you ever had to use the Find My iPhone feature? Did it work for you? Drop us a line in the comment box below and follow us on Facebook; we’ll send more useful tips and tricks your way.
*Found a broken link? Help us by reporting it in comments below.