While Cydia comes complete with a series of repositories already built in, there may be occasions when you want an app or a tweak that isn’t in one of these repositories. In that case, you will need to add a new one and we’re going to be telling you how to do this, along with a video to show you how it’s done.
How to Add a Repo to Cydia :
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources
- Tap on Edit
- Tap on Add
- Type in the repo URL ( listed below )
- Tap on Add Source and you are ready to use the new repo.
- New repo will be added and updated .
Video : Here is a Step by Step Guide
Cydia Repos Sources :
There are loads of repositories out there but not all of them are trustworthy or safe to use. Before you go finding them on the internet and adding them, cast your eye over our top picks. All of these sources have been tested:
- HASHBANG Productions – URL – https://cydia.hbang.ws
HASHBANG contains a lot of tweaks that have proven useful, such as Tap to Unlock and ScreenFade.
- Karen’s Pineapple – URL – http:Cydia.angelxwind.net
This one is for those who love to play retro console games as it contains a whole heap of games emulators for all different consoles, like PS1 and Nintendo.
- Lux – URL – http://justgetflux.cydia
F.Lux has proven itself to an incredibly popular tweak over the years; it provides a way for you to control how bright your iPhone or iPad screen is so you can take the strain off your eyes. This repo is the only place to get this tweak from.
- TeamXBMC – URL – http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios
XBMC is the best media center available, providing a huge number of options to users for streaming and storing media; TeamXBMC is the source to get it from.
- BiteSMS Beta – URL – test-cydia.bitesms.com
BiteSMS is the most useful tweak for providing a Messages app that makes the stock iOS Messages app look poor.
- iCleaner Pro – URL – http://exile90software.com/cydia
iCleaner is an incredibly useful tweak, providing tools that help clear the junk from your device, broken links, cache files, duplicate files and more, helping to provide space and memory.
- Ryan Petrich – URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo
Ryan Petrich is one of the most popular and active developers, always bringing new tweaks out and always updating the older ones to keep them working. This repo source is where you will find BrowserChooser and Activator, two of the more popular tweaks.
- Couria Beta – URL – http://cydia.qusic.me
If you want to try a lighter version of BiteSMS, give Couria a go. It offers less than the popular tweak but more than the stock iOS Messages app.
- iLEX RAT – URL – http://cydia.myrepospace/iLEXiNFO
This is one of the more advanced sources, offering tweaks for those who have experience at the deeper levels of the iOS firmware.
- Coolstar – URL – http://coolstar.org
This is another of the sources for advanced users, this time providing several useful command line tweaks.
- Forty Six & Two – URL – http://repo.fortysixandtwo.com/
A lesser-known source, this one does have one or two tweaks that are useful, such as Alarmy and JellyLockClock
- ParrotGeek – URL – https://parrotgeek.com/repo
ParrotGeek offers users some quite useful tweaks, like Siri Old Voice and Adrenaline.
- Coke Pokes – URL – http://cokepokes.myrepospace.com
This is another of the sources that isn’t so well known but it does offer great tweaks like AirBlueEnabler.
- Apple Watch UI – URL – http://cydia.myrepospace.com/lamerz
If you want your iPhone interface to look like that of the Apple Watch, this is the source to get the right tweak.
- KuaiDial – URL – https://kuaidial.googlecode.com/syn/deb
This source offers a tweak that will help you change how the dialer app looks.
Stay tuned for more updates on Cydia and news of other sources by following us on Facebook. You can also like this page on Facebook and click on Following>See First – this will ensure that all updates are posted on your timeline as and when published.