Phoenix jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 and iOS 9.3.6 has been released. Check out the tutorial below for details.
Before you rush to install Phoenix, do read the important points below.
Phoenix jailbreak works only on 32-bit devices, which includes :
- iPhone 4S, 5C and 5
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Mini 1
- iPod Touch 5
Phoenix is a semi-untethered jailbreak, meaning you need to reactivate it whenever your device is rebooted – more on that later. Lastly, it may take a few tries to get the jailbreak successfully on your device; don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t work the first couple of times, just keep at it and it will install.
Ensure that you take a backup of your data before you start the jailbreak process, just in case things don’t go smoothly and do make sure your device has enough battery charge to see you through the process.
How to Install Phoenix Jailbreak:
You will need to use Cydia Impactor for this to sideload Phoenix IPA onto your device so follow the instructions as written. Alternatively, you can download Phoenix from AppValley appstore directly ( link above ) on your device without a computer.
- Download Phoenix jailbreak to your computer from the button above
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Connect your computer and device together
- Open Cydia Impactor and make sure your device is properly recognized.
- Locate the Phoenix .ipa file and drag it to the open window in Cydia Impactor; drop it in
- Now type your Apple credentials in and wait for Cydia Impactor to sign the .ipa file
- Once this is done, the Phoenix icon should be on your home screen
- Before you can complete the jailbreak process, on your iOS device, open Settings
- Go to General > Profiles & Device Management and find the profile that has your Apple ID on it
- Tap it and then tap on Trust
- Close Settings and tap the Phoenix icon to open it
- Tap the button that says Prepare for Jailbreak
- Leave your device alone until the jailbreak process has finished; your iOS device reboots when the jailbreak is done, and you should see the icon for Cydia on your home screen.
Please keep trying if it doesn’t work the first time; it can take a few attempts. Once it is successful, Cydia is ready for you to use.
How Do Semi-Untethered Jailbreaks Work?
As we mentioned earlier, Phoenix is semi-untethered and, while most users are aware of what this means, some aren’t. Whenever your iOS device is restarted for any reason, Phoenix will become inactive, and none of your tweaks work. Reactivating, it is simple; go to step 11 above and repeat to re-jailbreak your device.
How Long Before Phoenix Expires?
If you use a free Apple ID with Cydia Impactor, the Phoenix app certificate will expire after one week and needs to be renewed before you can use Phoenix jailbreak again. To renew it, you must reinstall the jailbreak using Cydia Impactor so, going back to the tutorial above, repeat from Step 3 to reactivate. If your ID is a paid developer one, the certificate expires after one year.
How to Delete Phoenix Jailbreak:
Are you still in two minds about using Cydia? Set your mind at rest and read the answers to some of the most common questions about Cydia. The process to delete Phoenix jailbreak is simple. Its explained in the link below.
Still, Need Help?
Go ahead, install Phoenix, and see how you get on with it. If you are on iOS 10, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest jailbreak news and developments.