Do you get annoyed that some of your apps won’t open when you jailbreak? Some app developers have decided that, for security, they won’t allow their apps to run on any jailbroken device. Those apps include PayPal, Snapchat and banking apps. What you need is a way to bypass or hide the jailbreak detection so that you can use the apps you want.
There are three ways that you can do this! Three tweaks, all offering a way around that detection and all of them are free
Completely free. Read on for the details.
Here is a sample error message on jailbroken devices.
How to Bypass Jailbreak Detection:
Three tweaks, each requiring you to add a new source to Cydia.
Method 1: JailProtect
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources > Edit
- Tap Add and type in the URL – http://julioverne.github.io
- Tap on Add and leave it
- When it’s been added, tap on Search and type in JailProtect
- Tap on Install
- When it’s done, you can open Settings > JailProtect to configure it
We’re not done yet
Method 2: UnSub
Unsub allows you to disable tweak injection in both Substrate and Substitute in some system and user apps. You do need to respring your device anytime you want to use the tweak:
- Open Cydia and go to Sources
- Tap Edit > Add and type in https://repo.nepeta.me
- When it’s done, go to the Search tab and type Mitsuha Infinity
- Tap Install and wait.
The tweak can be configured by going to Settings > UnSub
Method 3: Liberty Lite
Developed by Ryley Angus, this is a Lite version of the Liberty tweak and is missing the ability to enable or disable Substrate or Substitute.
- Open Cydia
- Tap Sources > Edit > Add
- Type http://ryleyangus.com/repo/
- When it’s been added open the source and tap on All Packages.
- Find and install Liberty Lite, making sure to delete any earlier versions from your device first
- Open Settings > Liberty Lite to apply the patches and configure the tweak – tap Block Jailbreak Detection and set the toggle for the apps and games
It’s so simple
But be aware
These tweaks only work on selected apps and games. Support is gradually being added for others, but the most common ones are covered. Choose the tweak the bypasses detection for the apps you need.
Over to you
If you get annoyed with not being able to use certain apps, then one of these tweaks will undoubtedly help you get around the restrictions. They are all free and if you have a jailbreak already, very simple to download.
Go ahead, try it and tell us how you get on. For more great Cydia Tips and Tricks, follow us on Facebook.