iOS 11 is one of the most feature-packed iOS versions ever released, offering hundreds of new features, upgrades to existing ones, and some serious improvements, such as better multitasking, a more intelligent Siri and a camera to put the DSLR to shame.
Want to know more?
iOS 11 Active Firmware:
Right now, there is only one (active firmware) in iOS 11, and that is listed below. By active, we mean that this is the only version still being signed by Apple.
- iOS 11.4.1
Apple is no longer signing these versions:
- iOS 11
- iOS 11.0.1
- iOS 11.0.2
- iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1
- iOS 11.1.1
- iOS 11.1.2
- iOS 11.2
- iOS 11.2.1
- iOS 11.2.2
- iOS 11.2.5
- iOS 11.2.6
- iOS 11.3
- iOS 11.3.1
- iOS 11.4
Trying to install any one of these versions will give you an iTunes Error 3194 or a message that says “Device Isn’t Eligible For Requested Build”. Later, we’ll tell you how you downgrade to one of these versions easily.
Let’s move on.
And now for the download
How to Install iOS 11.4.1 Firmware:
Before we dive in.
You will need iTunes for two of these methods; check to see if it is up to date:
- Open iTunes
- Click on Help>Check for Updates
- Wait; if iTunes finds an update, download instructions will be given on the screen – follow them carefully.
Second, very important, back up your data BEFORE you start – iTunes and/or iCloud for this.
Choose a method and follow the steps. Do keep in mind – if you intend to jailbreak, do NOT choose method 1; use one of the iTunes methods.
Method 1: OTA (Over the Air)
This is by far the fastest and easiest download method:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on General>Software Update
- Wait; when the update is found, tap Download and Install
- Tap Install and wait while your device updates
- Your iPhone or iPad will reboot when done
Don’t forget; this method is not compatible with jailbreaking.
Method 2: iTunes
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes
- Click on the Device Summary for your device (if you have more than one registered)
- Click Update
- Click Install
- Wait while iTunes updates your device to iOS 11.4.1
- Your iPhone or iPad will reboot to the Hello screen when finished
Method 3: iTunes with IPSW
- Choose the IPSW link (below) that matches your device
- Plug your device into your computer and launch iTunes
- Click Device Summary for the connected deuce
- Now press ALT (Mac) or SHIFT (Windows) on your keyboard and click on Restore in iTunes at the same time
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded and click it
- Click Install and leave iTunes to update your device
- When its done your iPhone or iPad reboots to the Hello screen
iOS 11.4.1 IPSW Download Links :
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone X
We’re not done yet
How to Downgrade iPhone:
If you want an earlier version of the iOS, you can’t just downgrade; you need to use a different method, and that is detailed for you at the link below:
How to Jailbreak iPhone:
In this tutorial, we talk about the jailbreak tools that can install Cydia on your iOS 11 device running any iOS 11 version.
It’s down to you now to update to iOS 11.4.1. Let us know if you have any trouble and follow us on Facebook for more posts like this.
*Found a broken link? Help us by reporting it in comments below.