Great news, at long last we have a new jailbreak for those on iOS 10. Well-known developer Tihmstar ( twitter ) has built his jailbreak, Helix ( H3lix ), using the V0rtex exploit and has now released it as a semi-untethered jailbreak for all eligible users. This is a huge boost to the jailbreak community, the first jailbreak in a long time and, even though it is semi-untethered, it will be welcomed with open arms. This is bound to open the floodgates and we expect to see more jailbreak utilities released in the near future.
Before we move onto installing Helix, not everyone is aware of what a semi-untethered jailbreak is. Basically, the jailbreak will work on your device until you reboot. At this point, the jailbreak is disabled and none of your tweaks will work either; it’s a simple matter to get it all back and we’ll be telling you how after we tell you how to install it.
Before You Install Helix :
Before you jump to installing Helix jailbreak, do make sure that you back your data up. You can do this through iTunes, iCloud or both and is a vital step. If anything goes wrong during the jailbreak and you have NOT backed your data up, you will potentially lose everything. You also need to ensure that you have a good level of battery on your iPhone or iPad before you start, enough to see the jailbreak process through. Ready to install H3lix ?
How to Install Helix Jailbreak :
Helix jailbreak requires the use of Cydia Impactor to side-load it to your device. It is also worth noting that it is fully compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit devices so, when you download Helix, make sure you choose the right version:
- Download Helix jailbreak ( 32-bit ) or ( 64-bit )on your computer and remember where it is saved
- Now download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch Cydia Impactor
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to correctly identify your device and then open the location Helix jailbreak was saved to
- Drag the .ipa file to Cydia Impactor and drop it in
- You will be asked for your Apple ID and password – input it and then wait for Cydia Impactor to retrieve the Helix file and sign it so it works
- Once the download has finished, open your iOS settings app
- Navigate to General > Profile And Device Management
- Find the Helix profile in the list and tap it
- Tap on Trust and then tap Trust again to confirm
- Close Settings
- Find the Helix icon on your home page , tap to open it
- Tap the large Jailbreak button and wait; once the jailbreak process has finished, your iPhone or iPad will respring and is successfully jailbroken.
As mentioned earlier, when you reboot your device or it restarts for any reason, the jailbreak will be disabled. To reactivate it, go to Step 12 and repeat from there.
You will have one of two types of Apple ID , free or developer. If you use a free ID, the Helix certificate expires 7 days after and you will need to go to step 3 and repeat from there. For those using a developer account, the certificate will expire after 12 months.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Cydia is incredibly popular but not everyone is sure about it. Find out all you need to know by checking out our Cydia FAQ page:
We have waited such a long time for this jailbreak so go install it on your iOS 10 device, tell us how you get on and follow us on Facebook to get more jailbreak news and updates.