iOS 8.4.1 may be an old iOS version, but some people are still running it for one reason or another. While the older firmware versions tend to get left behind when it comes to new features or jailbreaks, a developer by the name of tihmstar has not forgotten about it and has released a brand new jailbreak for those on the old firmware. The even better news is that, where most of the recent jailbreaks have been semi-untethered, EtasonJB is fully untethered, which means it doesn’t need to be reactivated every time your device is restarted. Read on for more details.
EtasonJB will only work on the 32-bit iOS devices listed below:
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5C
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch 5
How to Install EtasonJB:
To install EtasonJB on your iOS 8.4.1 device, you must use Cydia Impactor with your Apple ID:
- On your computer, download the EtasonJB .ipa file version RC5 and Cydia Impactor
- Using the correct cable, connect your iOS device to your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor and check the drop-down list to make sure your device has been recognized
- Now drag the EtasonJB .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and wait; Cydia Impactor will get the file, sign it and install it to your device
- Before you can use EtasonJB, you need to trust the source so open your iOS settings app
- Go to General > Profiles and find the profile with your Apple ID on it
- Tap it and tap Trust
- Close settings and go back to your Home Screen
- Now tap the EtasonJB icon to open it, tap on Jailbreak and wait
- When your device resprings, the Cydia icon will be on your home screen, and the jailbreak has been successful.
Open Cydia and set it up for use – you only need to do this on the first time. Now you can use EtasonJB to download your favorite tweaks.
How to Delete Cydia:
If you encounter any trouble with EtasonJB, the easiest thing to do is delete it and then reinstall it. You can do this using Cydia Eraser, a full guide at the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Cydia legal? Will it void your warranty? Get the answers to those and much more by heading over to our Cydia FAQ page:
Are you still running iOS 8.4.1? What do you think of this news? Let us know if you decide to try EtasonJB on your iOS 8.4.1 device and how you get on with it and stay updated with all the latest jailbreak news by following us on Facebook.