Great news! We have a new jailbreak; the checkm8 bootrom exploit-based chekra1n jailbreak tool, and we’re going to show you how to download it right now.
How to Download CheckRa1n:
Follow the link below to download the Checkrain jailbreak app on your computer.
Before you can download the jailbreak, there are a couple of things to know:
- The jailbreak tool is supported on macOS only at the moment – Microsoft Windows OS will be supported in the near future
- It is a semi-tethered jailbreak – you will require your computer to reboot it if you power your device off
- Support is for the 64-bit A5-A11 devices – see below
- Supports iOS 12.3 or above – works on iOS 13.5
- At the moment, this is just an experimental tool on the iPhone 5S, iPad Mini 2, 3, and iPad Air
- Cydia is the default package manager but others will be added in the future
We’re not done yet
The jailbreak tool is compatible with these iOS devices on iOS 12.3 to iOS 13.5 inclusive:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad Air
How to Use Checkra1n Jailbreak:
There are two ways to install the jailbreak app. Both methods require a computer to install the jailbreak.
Method 1: for Mac OSX
Provided you have met the above criteria, you are ready to install the Checkrain jailbreak
Let’s get into it:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using the correct, official cable
- If you are asked to trust your device, do so
- Download the Checkra1n jailbreak from the download link above.
- Find and double-click on the .dmg file on your Mac to open it
- Drag and drop the checkra1n app to your Applications folder
- Open Applications and right-click the checkra1n file
- Choose the option to Show Package Contents
- Next, click Checkra1n > Contents > MacOS
- Double-click on checkra1n_gui file and the jailbreak application will open
- Make sure the jailbreak application has recognized your iPhone or iPad and click on Start
- You will now be asked to place your device into DFU – click on Next
- Click Start and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU
- When that has completed successfully, the jailbreak will start the exploitation and jailbreak process
- You should see the verbose boot screen with the chekra1n theme on it – do NOT disconnect your device until the jailbreak is complete
- Once it has finished, the application can be closed
Wait, there’s more
- Look on your home page for the Checkra1n loader and tap to open it
- Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia
- The jailbreak application will now begin to install Cydia
- The app closes when the process is finished and you will see Cydia on your home screen
That’s it, your device is successfully jailbroken with the Checkrain jailbreak.
How to Install Sileo:
To add Sileo, you need to add the Sileo Repo to Cydia. A complete step by step guide is given in the linked tutorial. Simply add the following repo and install Sileo on your iPhone after Checkra1n jailbreak.
Note: Installing Sileo will uninstall Cydia and set the default shell to zsh
How to Delete Checkrain Jailbreak:
If things don’t go right or you need to delete the jailbreak appstore installed using Checkrain ( i.e. Sileo or Cydia ), it is quite simple to do. Check out the links below for further details:
Warning: Beware of any “Fake” websites that might claim of being the original source of Checkra1n jailbreak. More information can be found in the security blog linked here. All files and information on this page are from a reputable source, controlled by the real developer of the Checkra1n jailbreak app.
Let us know how you get on with Checkrain and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news.