Checkra1n is a jailbreak for iOS 14 firmware that also works on iOS 12.3 and above.
Follow the link below to download the Checkrain jailbreak app on your Mac computer.
How to Download CheckRa1n:
You must have the following things before you could jailbreak your iOS device.
- The jailbreak tool is supported on macOS only at the moment – Microsoft Windows OS will be supported in the near future.
- It is a semi-tethered jailbreak – you will require your computer to reboot your iPhone or iPad if you power off your device.
- Support is for the 64-bit A5-A11 devices.
- Supports iOS 12.3 or above – works on iOS 14
- At the moment, this is just an experimental tool on the iPhone 5S, iPad Mini 2, 3, and iPad Air
- Cydia is the default package manager, but others will be added in the future
How to Install Checkra1n Jailbreak:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using the correct, official cable
- If you are asked to trust your device, do so
- Download the Checkra1n jailbreak from the download link above.
- Find and double-click on the .dmg file on your Mac to open it
- Drag and drop the checkra1n app to your Applications folder
- Open Applications and right-click the checkra1n file
- Choose the option to Show Package Contents.
- Next, click Checkra1n > Contents > MacOS
- Double-click on the checkra1n_gui file and the jailbreak application will open.
- Make sure the jailbreak application has recognized your iPhone or iPad and click on Start
- You will now be asked to place your device into DFU – click on Next
- Click Start and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU.
- When that has completed successfully, the jailbreak will start the exploitation and jailbreak process.
- You should see the verbose boot screen with the chekra1n theme on it – do NOT disconnect your device until the jailbreak is complete
- Once it has finished, the application can be closed.
- Look on your home page for the Checkra1n loader and tap to open it.
- Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia
- The jailbreak application will now begin to install Cydia
- The app closes when the process is finished, and you will see Cydia on your home screen.
- That’s it; your device is successfully jailbroken with the Checkrain jailbreak.
How to Install Sileo after CheckRa1n Jailbreak:
To add Sileo, you need to add the Sileo Repo to Cydia. A complete step by step guide is given in the linked tutorial. Simply add the following repo and install Sileo on your iPhone after Checkra1n jailbreak.
Note: Installing Sileo will uninstall Cydia and set the default shell to zsh.
How to Delete Checkrain Jailbreak:
If things don’t go right or you need to delete the jailbreak appstore installed using Checkrain ( i.e., Sileo or Cydia ), it is quite simple to do. Check out the links below for further details:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Checkra1n?
Checkra1n is a community-backed iPhone jailbreaking project that is created to provide a high-quality semi-tethered jailbreak to all users for iPhone and iPad. The Checkrain jailbreak tool jailbreak is based on the checkm8 bootrom exploit.
- How to use Checkra1n on Windows?
Checkra1n is not available for download on Windows at the moment. You will need to use an Apple com[uter to install the Checkra1n jailbreak. A better alternative is the Unc0ver Jailbreak app that installs directly on your iPhone.
- When will Checkra1n be released for Windows?
Currently, there is no ETA on when the Windows version of Checkra1n jailbreak will be released.
Let us know how you get on with Checkrain and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news.