When we install a jailbreak and open Cydia, we expect the BigBoss repository to be there; after all, it is supposed to be built-in to Cydia. Sometimes it just isn’t there for one reason or another; it may have been deleted accidentally or the installation didn’t finish properly, for example. The BigBoss repo is important for new jailbreakers and for those who just want an easy life because it contains everything a person needs to modify their devices and gives a good idea of what jailbreaking is all about.
No need to panic; if the BigBoss repository is missing from your Cydia installation, or you somehow delete it without meaning to, it is easy to put back. Read on for more details.
Add BigBoss Repo in Cydia :
It may well be that the BigBoss repository is still there, it’s just hidden. You can find out if it is still there and reinstall it easily enough; just follow these steps:
- Open Cydia
- Tap More Package Sources ( located at the bottom of your screen )
- A new window will open with a list of sources; search it for the BigBoss repository. A disclaimer will be on the screen warning you that you add repositories to Cydia at your own risk
- If BigBoss is in the list tap on it and it will reinstall.
It’s Not in The List?
If BigBoss is not in the list of sources, you can add it in yourself. This is quite simple; just make sure you follow these steps exactly:
Add a New Repo to Cydia :
- Launch Cydia and tap the option for Sources
- Tap Edit > Add
- In the box, type in this URL exactly as written – http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ . If you do not type this in correctly, the process will fail
- Tap Add Source and Cydia will download the repository, adding it back into Cydia. Respring your device and all should be well.
Tell us; have you ever managed to lose the BigBoss repository from Cydia? Or was it just not there when you opened Cydia after jailbreaking? Following these instructions will solve the problem quite easily for you; let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more Cydia tips and news.
Also Checkout :
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook; updates will be sent directly to your inbox.